#1 mower in my TOP 5 Petrol Lawn Mowers of 2019! Let me tell you why!
The Husqvarna Lawn Mower 5521p is a no-frills, simple to use, rather traditional gas mower operating a 140cc Briggs & Stratton CARB compliant motor. Designed traditionally, with a lightweight chassis, easy to maneuver in tight corners, capable of mulching and with handles that fold up to save space, this traditional petrol lawn mower is a good choice for a typical homeowner.
- Walk Behind Lawn Mower
- Petrol Mower
- 140cc Briggs & Stratton 5.5 Torque Engine
- CARB Compliant
- 21 inch cutting deck
- Can bag, mulch and side discharge (3-in-1 design)
- 8 inch and 12 inch front and rear wheels respectively
- Weight: 60 lbs
- 2 year limited warranty from manufacturer
- Motor/engine manufacturer-Briggs & Stratton
- 9-position height adjustment allows you to change the cutting height to easily cut grass, weeds and overgrowth
- Sealed ball-bearing wheels ensure the mower rolls smoothly, and the 11-inch rear wheels make it easy to push over small to medium-sized flat yards
- 21-in blade allows you to cut more in one pass, so you spend less time doing yard work
- Foldable handle offers easy, space-saving storage, perfect for sheds and smaller spaces and Overmolded comfort grip handle provides added comfort and control
In-depth Review of the Husqvarna 5521P Lawn Mower
Ease Of Use
Already pre-assembled from the factory, all you need to attach are the handles. This takes less than 5 minutes and once done they can also be folded to save space. As for usability, the mower really doesn’t care what type of grass your lawn has or the sogginess in the soil. Even with dense soggy patches, it manages to eat through 90 percent of the growth and after the second pass, the remaining damp grass is cut down to size. Add to this the fact that it boasts of a 21 inch cutting deck and the number of runs necessary to cover a larger lawn is reduced. One last thing, with a leaf collection bag included in the packaging you really get the option of mulching, side discharge and bag collection.
Thick heavy outgrowth, wild grass, cold season grass – it really does not matter. The Husqvarna 5521P, 21 gas push lawn mower does not differentiate between the grass type or its sogginess. Once you set the height, just starting up the mower is all that is necessary. Keep it on track, directed where you want it to go and the mower takes care of the rest, maintaining a constant height at all times. The wheels on the mower at times cause a bit of worry especially on uneven terrain. To start with, the wheels being rigid don’t conform to the surface and hence may cause the blades to rise from either side, needing multiple passes to fix the patch.
Total of 5 pre-defined height options available for quick selection on the Husqvarna 5521P. You can selct a cutting height anywhere between 1.25 and 3.5 inches. Selecting a height is as easy as setting the lever at the right position, which takes care of the rest such as lowering the cutting deck, angling the blades and so on.
140cc Briggs & Stratton with a starter cord that takes a single pull to yank the CARB-compliant engine to life. Being compact, it doesn’t guzzle down gas neither does it need expensive care during winters and autumn. The motor used on this petrol lawn mower is a popular choice among DIY lawn enthusiasts because of its ability to survive through winters unscathed.
If you think you might need a little more power, then it is good to know that this model has a bigger brother. For an extra $50 you get the same mower, but with a larger 160cc engine. See my Husqvarna 7021P review for more details.
A dependable motor, useful height adjustments, 3-in-1 operational modes and 21 inch cutting deck more than justify its price. In fact, this Husqvarna gas mower happens to be a popular choice among online buyers because of its reasonable price tag.
- Powerful mower for the right price
- Easy height adjustment changer
- Good overall cut quality
- On dense soggy patches, your lawn might need a second pass to get a perfect cut
Excellent CARB Compliant Petrol Mower!The Husqvarna Lawn Mower 5521P is a simple gas mower with just the right amount of engine power to propel it over an average sized lawn. Blades sharpened to the hilt, easy height changer and overall dependability are its major selling points as well as the reason why I promote it as the top gas powered lawn mower in the market.